Friday, April 23, 2010

My beard almost killed a guy


Name: Some Old guy
Reaction: Amazement
Location: Street
The story:
As I was walking across the street to work this elderly gentleman (probably somewhere in his late 50s early 60s)  started running across the street from the opposing side to my side of the street.

This street that I am referring to is Hamilton ave in White Plains NY.  For those of you who don't know, this street is always busy, and is 4 lanes of pure business! In the past 2 years that I have worked there I have seen 2 people, literally, get struck down by various vehicles. So this gentleman, does the quick look right and begins he decides to sprint across the street. At the moment that he passes between the second and third lane he just stops dead center of the road, stares at me and says "nice beard man" and starts walking towards me, instead of the angle that would have placed him around 50 feet to my right. 


Now mind you that he does not have a cross walk nor has the traffic lightened up at all.  As he slowly walks my way 2 SUVs slam on theirs breaks and honk their horns at him.  All the while he just keeps staring at me and says "Man, seriously, thats a good beard... I mean I'd never grow one but still, it's nice".  After a second, I looked around and saw all of these cars slamming on their breaks and swerving to miss this guy so I just yelled "Thanks man, but you need to get out of the road".  At this point, he just smiled and noded and walked across the talkin to himself muttering "Oh man, can you imagine that guy... it's so big and red, hehehe!"  


I would say totally, 5 - 7 cars had to swerve to miss this guy, all because of the amazement of my beard.  

1 comment: