Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sometimes the beard gets you things...

Name: Awesome Bartender
Reaction: Appreciation
Location: Lovin' Cup
The story:
I was at the bar and ordered a Guinness, as per normal, and the man gives me the 'nod of understanding'.  A few minutes later the guy comes back with my beer and puts it on the bar.  Now it is loud in there as it was "Open Mic Night" so everyone and their mother was there screaming in to the mic, doing some dance, or playing some instrument. So when the beer hit the bar, I made a questioning face and rubbed my thumb against my middle and pointer finger as if asking how much for the beer.  The man then smiled from ear to ear, shook his head 'no', then rubbed his chin and stroked an imaginary beard  that went down to his nipples and  then gave me a thumbs up.  I returned his thumbs up with 2 more, put down 3 bucks on the bar for a tip, then tipped my imaginary hat and left.

Hopefully, his gesture meant  "Don't worry man, your beard is flippin epic, just enjoy this free beer" because that is how I interpreted it. And that my friends, was one of the sweetest beers I've ever had :D

No comments:

Post a Comment