Sunday, March 14, 2010

Woman in Coffee shop

Name: Unknown
Reaction: Comparison
Location: Local Coffee Shop
The story:
As I was waiting for my coffee in a local coffee shop this woman, out of the blue, comes up and taps me on the shoulder and says "Oh, you must be going for the 'Brad Pitt' look." 
I then stopped whatever I was doing and just stared at her.  At first I was legitimately confused as to what she meant, then I realized she was referring to my beard. "Well, I think I have had my beard a little bit longer than him." I replied.  
"I don't know... I mean.. it's Brad Pitt." she said, as to imply that Brad Pit could grow his facial hair faster than average humans, just on account of him being Brad Pitt.
"I have been growing mine for a year and a few months.  I am fairly sure that mine is quite a bit longer than his."
"Hmm.  Well I guess it's ok that you are keeping it to be like him then" she said.

At this point I am just full of rage. I didn't grow this beard to mimic anyone, let alone Brad 'pretty boy' Pitt.  Frankly, I found the whole conversation to be annoying and obnoxious. This woman was not listening to me, and completely ignoring facts, like how long it takes to grow hair.  Luckily, my coffee had just been given to me, so I took it and said "Well have fun being wrong, goodbye" and then left.

1 comment:

  1. this is awesome. i want to follow you around and get a video of a beard encounter. -russ

    ReplyDelete